Friday, January 4, 2013

Sometimes, Dinner Can Just be Cheese


Happy New Year!  I have resolved to get back to writing in this blog more regularly because I like it and I miss it.  Plus, I got two new cook books and an immersion blender and some DIY cheese for Christmas, so there you go.  Blog fodder.  But first, I wanted to show you the pretty new wooden board that Kev got me for Christmas, which I used last night for the first time.  We had cheese for dinner.  Cheese is a great dinner.  And it's easy and versatile.  I usually choose three types of cheese, and supplement the meal with a fruit (grapes, apple slices), a dip or spread (hummus, quince paste), a meat (last night we had some Wegmans chicken strips, sometimes, I just have ham or salami slices), and some bread and/or crackers.  Pretty and easy and delicious.  (By the way, brie + quince paste is awesome on a cracker or slice of bread.  Brie is also great with raspberry jam or honey.)  Dinner doesn't have to always be a big giant meal that takes all day to cook. Sometimes, it can just be cheese. 

PS.  Daphne said, "Dad! Go look at the board in the dining room!  It looks just like restaurant food!"

No comments:

Post a Comment