Friday, January 27, 2012

Easy Meal Thursday and a Flashback


One of my favorite easy meals is popcorn shrimp with pasta and pesto.  Since I already had the leftover fusilli from the pasta fagioli, it was even easier than usual to make this for dinner last night.

All I do is cook the frozen popcorn shrimp (I like Sea-Pak) and put it on top of some pasta tossed with pesto.  Then I add some sort of steamed vegetable, usually asparagus, sometimes broccoli, and last night, green beans because that's what I had on hand.  Then, I squeeze on some lemon juice and top with parmesan cheese, freshly grated if possible.  Yep.  Really easy.  Not really cooking...more like assembling. And Daphne likes it, so it's a staple in the rotation.

This meal came about when we first moved here. We were living in a crappy apartment in Herndon while we were looking for a house, and I never felt like cooking.  Big fancy meals just didn't happen very often in those days.  Except the eggplant parmesan that Kev made for us the day Daphne and I arrived from Texas.  It was quite a welcome.  Check it out...flowers and everything!

Straight off the plane...

That was definitely the best meal we had in that apartment.  And I don't think we've had eggplant parmesan since that day.  Which is a shame, because Kev's eggplant parm is amazing.  Perhaps it is time for him to do a guest-post...

No comments:

Post a Comment