Saturday, January 7, 2012

This Alligator Jerky...


...is officially the weirdest thing I have ever eaten.


For Kev's birthday, his sister got him the Gift of Jerky, a three-month membership in the Jerky of the Month Club.  Such an awesome gift idea.  I had no idea there was such a thing, but there is, and if you want to know more, you can visit jerky.com to read all about it.  So, a couple of days ago, a big white envelope arrived from jerky.com.  No surprise there.  But what was IN the envelope was very surprising.  Alligator jerky.  Nope.  Didn't expect that.

Well, in the spirit of setting a good example for getting Daphne to try new things, I, one of the most unadventurous eaters you will ever meet, decided that - in spite of everything in my head and in my heart telling me to please not eat a poor helpless, probably really yucky, alligator - I would eat an actual piece of alligator jerky today.  And I did.  And even though I still feel a little queasy when I let myself start really thinking about it, if I am to be honest, I have to tell you it tasted quite good.  In fact, alligator jerky, and I'm not even kidding, tastes like chicken.  Very sweet.  Like the sesame chicken I always get from our favorite local Chinese place.

So there you go.  I ate alligator jerky.  I'd have totally bet against that ever happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment